Accident Fund Insurance Company of America has presented the Oscar W. Larson Company with the WorkSafe Award!
This award from Accident fund and Willis Towers Watson recognizes our culmination of safety success over the years. As a company, we are grateful to have partners like Accident Fund and Willis, and proud of our employees, supervisors and managers who all make the commitment to one another.
Thank you especially to our Safety Committee of more than 40 members, from company owners to field employees, who participate and coordinate safety through the ranks of our organization.
Our recognized loss control efforts and risk management practices include:
- Average 50 Site safety audits completed monthly.
- Weekly E-toolbox talks on relevant topics of safety sent out to 300+ employees mobile devices Monday morning.
- Monthly Safety Committee meetings with all of our Midwest divisions represented including company owners, supervisors and foremen.
- Annual recertification training conducted for all field crews.
- Specialized training done in-house, crafted to meet specific needs.
- Upgraded hand protection to level 3 cut resistant rating in 2017 resulting in significant loss reduction to laceration injuries.
- Continuous participation with OSHA campaigns, stand-downs, take a stand day events and more
- 100% dedication to safety by all workers. Positive attitude toward safety. “Work Safe to Return Home Safe.”
- Not only working within OSHA regulations but working and contributing to the recommended practices laid out by industry trade groups like the Petroleum Equipment Institute and American Petroleum Institute.
In addition to our safety spotlight, the week of August 10th-14th was our “Safety Week” in conjunction with Safe+Sound week 2020, recognized by OSHA and the Department of Labor. Our goal was to set out this week and complete as many site safety audits as possible by all safety committee members. During the time of these site visits there were tailgate discussions held, some near misses shared and even a few lunches provided. All together we produced more than 70 site safety audits for this week alone which landed us just over 100 total for the month of August! Suffice to say, we showed up for safety this month.